Tuesday, January 1, 2013

497 Miles To Go

But I would walk 500 miles
-The Proclaimers

Did everyone make a New Year's Resolution to walk their dog more often?  I must have seen 8 people walking dogs on my run today.  Which is way up from the normal zero.  My own resolution came to me in a dream.  And by a dream, I mean a phone call.  I was given the challenge of running 500 miles this year.  I like it.  I ran 3 today, which puts me way ahead of the pace.

I ran by the house that usually has three inflatable Houston Texans in the yard, but they were all deflated today.  Before you choose to interpret this as a metaphor for the last month of their season, I should also tell you there was a deflated reindeer in the yard as well.  It looked like a crime scene.  Right then, a police card drove by and I thought about flagging him down.  Which would have given me more to blog about...  But then I started to wonder about people being arrested now - do they still give you one phone call?  And can you choose a tweet instead?  Or a blog?  Just wondering.

One day of Janathon completed.  This is going to be a long month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!