Sunday, January 27, 2013

With all my might

She said "Tell me, are you a Christian, child?"
And I said, "Ma'am I am tonight!"
- Walking In Memphis

Last week just got away from me. I had people in town for work meetings and dinners and desserts and drinks, and I was the leader of this 3 day suaree. So I was stressed out and exhausted by Friday night. And Saturday I just wanted to sleep. Fortunately bf got me off the couch today. We ran down to the gym, which was 2 miles, then we did the nerd workout on the indoor track. I did a mile and then ran home while he did another mile. So 5 miles in total today, and I even ran most of the way home because I was afraid bf would catch up to me. It reminded me of a day a couple years ago when I was motivated to run so that he wouldn't catch up to me, therefore exposing my glacial pace. I waited for him at the end and he arrived from a completely different direction because he had gotten lost on the way back. Turns out I needn't have worried tonight either because he took the really long way home. Anyway, back on track for the week with a kick start in mileage. 42 miles down, 458 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!