Wednesday, January 2, 2013

You Gotta Creep, Creep

Walk the cramps off
Go meander in the cold
-The Shins

I ran 2 miles today.  I was concerned about the run because I ran after dinner.  And for dinner I ate white bean and spinach soup.  The last time I had this soup, I got food poisoning.  Which was probably about 8 or 10 years ago.  And still, after dinner - that was all I could think about.  Kinda creepy - and then I thought that I would somehow give myself food poisoning just by thinking about it - like The Secret.

But then something way more creepy happened on my run to clear my mind.  I was running in the street and I saw a car about to back out of its driveway on the other side. I hopped up onto the sidewalk on my side to make sure to give him plenty of room (I have trust issues).  Anyway, as he passes me he slows down.  I look over and it's the guy from The Princess Bride (Iocaine powder) and he gives me a thumbs up and then drives off.  I'm not sure if he was appreciating having the whole street to drive on or if he was admiring my two-days-old commitment to Janathon, but either way - I was OK without it.

All this nonsense just so that I can add "Caring Is Creepy" by The Shins to the playlist.  This is probably my third or fourth favorite song by The Shins, but it fits perfectly on the playlist.  Song #2 - still making sure that I'm not trying to keep up with the young people.  Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUMkxH03V5c

2 comments:

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!