Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hoop Dreams

That's why I say hey man, nice shot
What a good shot man
-Filter

I ran 2 miles on the world's oldest treadmill yesterday.  Or one of the two oldest treadmills in the world - since it was right next to another one just like it.  I didn't really enjoy how close my fellow treadmiller was to me, and I didn't enjoy how difficult this short run was.  And I didn't enjoy watching Kentucky butcher the game of basketball in their win over Tennessee.  (Note to #3 - that haircut wasn't cool back in 1986 when JR Reid had it). 

Today I flew back from Dallas and was on the plane with the Central Arkansas basketball team.  When we landed, the guy next to me pulls out his phone, calls someone, and says "we're going to eat at the Wendy's in the food court - yeah, I called our order in - so I'll call you when we are ready to go".  Really - you can pre-order at the Wendy's in the airport food court?  And who was he talking to?  When I left the airport, there was a big purple Central Arkansas team bus waiting for them.  I need someone to explain the logistics to me.  The bus drove here but the players flew?  Did the bus take them to the airport and then drive to Houston to pick them up?  Do they have a big purple bus in every city where they play?  So many unanswered questions.

With all this basketball talk I would be remiss if I didn't recognize the life of Coach Dave Lynch.  A great coach and great man.  I've never met anyone so competitive and yet so compassionate.  Such a positive influence on so many lives.  Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!