Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thoughtful run

Chickity china
the Chinese chicken
Chickity china
the Chinese chicken

CHICKITY CHINA
THE CHINESE CHICKEN
Have a drumstick and your brain stops tickin'
- Bare Naked Ladies, One Week

I have no idea what this means, but it's from a very cool acoustic version of this song that bf put on my last play list, and it's fun to run to.  I had a random stream of thoughts tonight whilst running that I will now enlighten you with.  First, I truly love working from home.  I didn't even change out of my pajamas until 5pm, and that was to go running.  And, it is so nice to get out for a run after being cooped up in the house all day working.  And I get so much done, and it's so peaceful.  Alas I have to go into the office tomorrow and dress like a civilized human being.  Next I focused on my crappy new Saucony shoes.  The ones I scoured the web for and found for $110 on this discount website rather than pay effing $130 retail anywhere else.  I hate them.  They suck.  They are tearing up my feet.  They are hard and they rub my feet.  I can't help but wonder if they are some chinese knock-off and I got totally ripped off.  Kinda like the Prada bags we saw in the alleys in China.  Or maybe Saucony has just started to suck.  God knows I'm not going to find out because I'm not shelling out another hondo on a pair of running shoes.  These babies better last me at least 6 months.  By then I'll just be running on bloody stubs.  I passed a guy running with his dog in just shorts and a t-shirt, while I was bundled up in tights and hoodie (hood up, mind you).  Somebody needs to tell these people it's winter around here.  I mean, damn, its 55 degrees!  And that made me think of fat dog, who I left at home tonight because she wasn't bouncing around my feet (as it turns out because my son had locked her in my room) so I was able to sneak out alone.  It's so nice being able to get in a rhythm right away and not stop every two minutes to pee.  But I did walk her when I got home and she got to poo at her leisure rather than dropping turds in the road as I pull her along. And lastly, when I checked the mail today I had an invitation for a Trauma Reunion from Phoenix Children's Hospital.  I thought it must be some sick joke.  It "provides an opportunity for you and your family to reunite with members of your trauma care team."  Sorry, you guys were fabulous and all, but I don't care to see you ever again, or be reminded of that awful time in any way, shape or form.  AND, we get VIP access to the Play it Safe Fair (VIP access for former trauma patients and their family members).  Really?  It's sure to be a fun and rewarding experience, they said.  I guess it's a nice gesture, but I can't imagine wanting to be reminded of that awful experience, and K certainly wouldn't even remember any of them.  Wow.  Anyhoo, that was my 3.5 miles tonight.  490 to go. 


1 comment:

  1. I got that stupid pair of Omni shoes from Saucony rather than just pay for the damn new Hurricanes, and I have regretted the decision as well. They started wearing out after like a month, the stitching is coming out on one side of one of them and they are giving me a blister. I hate them. I emailed Saucony to bitch and tell them that they need to give me a substantial discount on my next pair of shoes. They declined, but told me I could send them back the ones that are giving me grief and they will "inspect them" to see if they are defective. If they are, they will give me my money back. I'm doing it, too. I don't think they will find them to be defective, but I just feel like being a pain in the ass since I'm so aggravated by the whole situation. In the meantime, I sucked it up and bought a new pair of Hurricanes. Got them for $130 on Zappos.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!