Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Not My Time

Cause it’s not my time I'm not going
There's a fear in me but it’s not showing
-3 Doors Down

Anybody have trouble confusing 3 Doors Down, Third Eye Blind, and Matchbox 20?  Bunch of bands with numbers in their name from the mid 90's.  Or the mid-early 90's - depending on who you ask.  And then there's Three Days Grace.  Maybe it's just me.

I ran 4 miles today.  By choice, man.  I had 2 thoughts on my run today.  First - I totally understand Janathon now that I quit.  Making the decision to run is wonderful.  You don't really realize that until you've been compelled to run.  The second thought was some mind wandering.  I was thinking about Janathon and how RD Thoughts calls it Manuary.  And that made me think of the former Giants catcher Kirt Manwaring and how Chris Berman used to call him Kirt What Is That Man Wearing.  And how we used to be amused by his antics.  But no longer.  It is his time.  It is way past time.  Way, way, way, way, way (see, it's annoying) past time.  Chris Berman should be forcibly removed from television.  Probably should have happened about the same time all those bands came out.

Suffice it to say that my mind was wandering a bit.  But back to important issues.  "It's Not My Time" by 3 Doors Down is official on the playlist.  Nothing to explain here - the video has a guy running in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpfhcljJ9bQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!