Sunday, January 20, 2013

Here we come to a turning of the season
Witness to the arc towards the sun
- the Decemberists

The weather here has been so weird. It was freezing last weekend, literally four nights in a row with below freezing temperatures. And today it was 78 degrees so I was actually hot while running my neighborhood route. I cut it short and only did 3 because I just wasnt having much fun at it. Fat dog kept trying to stop, even after her biological needs were more than met. She drug along behind me and kept trying to stop, and if I did she would just sniff around at some pretend interesting scent. It is so hard to get I to a good rhythm with a running partner who is so stop and go. When I got home I expected her to collapse on the floor, but she saw my sister and leapt up on the couch all wagging and full of energy. I was astounded, and told her she was on the verge of being permanently disinvited. I have guilt when I don't take her because she loves to go, and gets so excited when she sees me in my shoes and hat. I will have to start taking her separately I guess. Anyway, glad it got done. A shout out here to my blista sista for finishing the half marathon today. I think I am more sore than she! Great job on the desert double down! Only 466.5 to go for me this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!