Sunday, January 20, 2013

Good Times

We lose track of each other, and life speeds past
We need more of these nights they always go too fast
Let's all get together and avoid our adult crash
Cause I feel like I'm gonna explode
-Dave Hause

I ran 6.5 miles today.  That means that I "only" have 463 miles to go this year. 

Today was a bit of a first for me.  I ran with a friend.  A buddy of mine is considering running a 1/2 marathon and I bullied convinced him to run with me today.  I'm thinking that running with me would make accomplishing a 1/2 marathon seem easier.  (If that guy can do it ...)  You're welcome.

I could tell you about all the houses with bright purple doors we ran past (3) or the house that had hearts hanging from it's tree (really - how many holidays are we going to celebrate this way?), or the child my friend yelled at (he seemed to know him), but mostly I'm just appreciative about the times I get to spend with friends through running.  It's one of the few things I like about running:  time with my iPod, health benefits, and blogging,  The rest is awful.  But I keep showing up for it.

1 comment:

  1. Does your site have a contact page? I'm having a tough time locating it but, I'd
    like to send you an email. I've got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.
    my web site: click through the next page

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!