Saturday, January 12, 2013

Playoffs? Don't Talk About Playoffs

I'm hardly feeling human anymore
Enough to drag my body from the floor
-Hot Water Music

I ran 4 miles today, but slowly and painfully.  It could be that I'm exhausted from this week of work.  We have big stuff going on and I ended up traveling a little and eating a lot of steak.  It could be the terrible lunch I ate today.  I ate at Fuzzy's Pizza, which is famous food critic Barbara Bush's favorite pizza joint.  Not following Barbara's advice anymore.  The pizza was not good, I got into an argument about basil, and the following conversation happened with another patron.

Him:  Are these the playoffs? (to my back, while I'm eating)
Me: 
Him:  Are these the playoffs? (much louder)
Me:  (Turning around, looking from him to the Duke vs NC State college basketball game on TV)  No - they're in March
Him:  Hmph

Not sure if he was confusing college basketball with professional football, if he didn't know what month of the year it was, or if he was just another fan of the blog trying to find a way to ask for an autograph.  All make sense.  But really I should have gone all Jim Mora on him.  Here's the link to that classic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Anyway - I ran but I did not feel good.  With these 4 miles down, I only have 479.5 left to go.

2 comments:

  1. LOL how do you get I to an argument about basil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily it was settled peacefully, unlike most basil disputes.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!