Tuesday, January 15, 2013

There are times life will rattle your bones
And will bend your limbs
But you're still far and away the boy you've ever been
So you bend back and shake at the frame
Oh the frame you made
But don't you shake alone
- The Decemberists, Dear Avery

I went out in the hood this evening and did 3.5. It has been damn cold here. I will likely not have any vegetation left in my yard after the freezing nighttime temperatures. Guess I wasted my time going at my neighbors trees again on Sunday. I spent a couple hours working outside and it was downright therapeutic. Until I fell off the ladder into a pile of thorny branches. Yeah, that'll leave a scar. So that is my excuse for not running on Sunday. And yesterday just got away from me and before I knew it, it was way too dark and cold to consider it. I ran back home tonight into a gorgeous desert sunset with turquoise sky and pink clouds. It was a great run and felt fast the whole time. Probably it was self preservation, trying to outrun the cold. 473 to go. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!