Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Resolution of happiness

things have been dark for too long
execution of bitterness
message received loud and clear

- INXS, Don't Change

2012 was a tough year for me for a variety of reasons, and I'm glad to put it behind me.  I don't make new year's resolutions, but if anything I'm resolved to be happier in 2013.  Today I worked from home, which is just so awesome.  I could hear J upstairs playing his video games and talking to his friends all day, which was lovely music while I toiled away.  I logged on in sweatpants at 8, went out to lunch, and went for a run at 5.  Fat dog and I did our 3.5 mile route and she only stopped 5 times during the first mile (I should say I only allowed that much) and then she fell into stride and actually seemed to do better than she has in the past, maybe because I've been taking her more frequently.  I was also stopped by a lady who wanted to comment about fat dog being all aggressive with this other dog we passed.  Yesterday a guy stopped me to ask for directions.  Do I not look like perhaps I have something going on?  Like perhaps I'm busy??  I was all bundled up in running tights and hoodie with the hood up.  I ran by a lady running in shorts and a thin t-shirt, and I felt like kindof an ass, but it was like 55 degrees out!!!  So Janathon day 2 down, and 493.5 miles left for 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!