Saturday, January 12, 2013

Oh January Oh

What were the words I meant to say before you left
When I could see your breath lead where you were going to
Maybe I should just let it be
And maybe it will all come back to me
-The Decemberists, January Hymn

It is bitter cold outside. I mean like 45 degrees. I bundled up in my warmest hoodie and went out with fat dog. It was tough today. I haven't gone since Tuesday and it was like slogging through molasses in winter. I almost turned around after a mile but I walked for a bit and made myself go on with a promise that I could walk whenever I wanted. And I was gonna take the short cut home. But I slogged on and ended up doing the whole 3.5, and I actually slogged most of it (which I guess is a sort of slow painful jog). It didn't get easier but at least it's done. I think it will make it easier for me to do the mountain tomorrow. 476.5 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!