Saturday, June 18, 2011

This may be the only opportunity that I got!

2.59 miles outside today. Time was 32:12, 12:25/mile. I ended up doing 2R/1W intervals and it was really, really a great run! Just goes to show you that if you just keep slogging through the times when it sucks, it will get better.

The title of the post (from the classic Eminem song) comes because I was thinking today on my run about how there will come a time when I simply will not be physically capable of doing four miles on the elliptical and then twelve hours later doing a two and a half mile run outside, regardless of what intervals I do. There will come a time when I simply have to have more recovery time than that. So, today I was feeling very thankful for my run and my relative youth, in that it gives me the ability to do what I was doing. And right when I was thinking that, I noticed a drop of sweat splashing down from my inner elbow onto the sidewalk. So, I said a quick prayer "my sweat and tears, offered to the Earth Mother, in gratitude for my health." Man, I love running!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!