Friday, June 3, 2011

Ain't nothin gonna break my stride

A song that I actually have on my running playlist, the original album version! See, and you didn't think anyone could possibly be that nerdy, but you were wrong, because I am. I AM! Plus, it reminds me of my mom, it was a song that was playing when she was doing lots of running, which makes me all nostalgic and weepy, which can be problematic when I am breathing hard from running, but I soldier on.

I did 3 miles, and here is the thing that will be interesting to nobody except me. I have been trying to run without doing run/walk intervals for a while now, in a desperate attempt to get faster. Running has thus become less and less fun, as I have become more and more obsessed with breaking the 12 minute mile for longer distances. So, today I decided to just go back to my 2R/1W intervals, because I am sick.

And I ran one of the fastest three miles I have ever run. My time was 35:44, 11:55/mile. So, I am now officially going back to my intervals, because they clearly do not slow me down, and if anything, they make me quite a bit faster, and today was also one of the most enjoyable runs I have had in quite some time. I saw a pretty red fox in our neighborhood along with the usual contingent of bluebirds. I love Spring in the Rockies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!