Sunday, June 12, 2011

I folded

Like a cheap lawn chair. Like a bad hand at poker. Like an all terrain stroller blazing down a hill with 2 beautiful babies in it (yes there's a story there).

I can't take the pressure of having to go every day. It takes away my enjoyment. And my opportunities to drink beer. So yes I did not go Friday or Saturday. For no good reason except that Friday I wanted to drink beer and yesterday I just damn well didn't feel like it. However, this morning I found myself awake at the ungodly hour of 745am on a Sunday so I decided to go for a run outside. It was a beautiful morning with a gentle breeze blowing. I did 3.5, walking most of the last mille as fat dog and I enjoyed the morning.

I do admire the mental fortitude of those who successfully complete Juneathon and I look forward to reading about their success. And I intend to keep trying. I think part of the lesson of Juneathon is to get back on the proverbial horse after you've fallen off. To keep plugging away at it.

"You got to know when to hold 'em. Know when to fold 'em. Know when to walk away. Know when to RUN." - Kenny Rogers, The Gambler

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!