Monday, July 26, 2010

starting over

I just got back from 2 in a drizzling rain. It was really nice. I started thinking about starting over after I read John Bingham's post about that lady who was starting to run again after having a baby and gaining 100 lbs. I can't have the same expectations of my body now as I did at 200 lbs. So I went back to the beginning and I remembered that Jeff Galloway's advice had been to take short, shuffling steps during the running intervals. I focused on that throughout the run, and it made a big difference in how I felt afterwards. I don't feel exhausted like I had been, and my knee doesn't hurt at all. It feels a little bubbly, like there is too much air in the socket, which is how it felt at the very beginning. To top it all off, I went 16-minute miles, which is faster than I had been going! Marianne you might give it a try, to protect your knee... it may slow you down but maybe that's what you need. It will be worth it if you can avoid an injury because if that happens, you won't be able to go at all.

1 comment:

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!