Friday, July 30, 2010

I walked two miles today. I was getting my fill yesterday and the guy was talking to me quite a bit about the exercise. I told him my current routine (three runs and a bike) and he was saying he would really recommend exercise six times per week, but not running six times per week. He said keep the current routine and the other two days walk or bike or weight training or whatever else I want to do and it only should just be a half hour. I listened to him because I do like to exercise most days, but really do feel that it wouldn't be good to run more than I am running.

So, today I walked. And I have to say, it was just very much a joyous thing. I forgot how much I love walking, just walking and listening to whatever music I want, with my dog, doing what my body loves to do, enjoying the outside. I remember loving it even when it was really really hot in Phoenix. I think I remember blogging about how the good thing about walking in the summer was that even though it was freaking hot, it forced me to be outside and see the sunset and with that kind of heat my inclination was to just stay inside.

2 comments:

  1. curiouser and curiouser. Not only are you going to doctors now . . . but you are listening to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only sometimes. And I have always been inclined to listen to doctors that specifically work with fat people all day long, they usually aren't mean.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!