Monday, May 28, 2012

You need me on that wall

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you."
- Kernel Jessop, A Few Good Men

Best freakin movie line of all time, that is. I have to watch that movie every time it comes on cable, and tonight I was blessed by it on Country Music Television oddly enough, and I caught just the last 30 minutes, which is the best part including cross examination of Jessup, including the quote, "You can't handle the truth!"

So it almost didn't happen today. Bf is sick and I spent my day focusing on remembering our war heroes. Actually I did a bit of that. I learned that my Papa stormed a beach in Japan in WWII in the third wave, and almost nobody survived the first wave. And I was reminded of my Papa's brother, my great Uncle, who went down in a submarine and died at sea. I have the original telegram notifying my great grandparents of his death. And my brother served in Iraq twice. So quite a bit of sacrifice for freedom in my family.

So bf and I finally got off the couch to headed to the gym around 4, and when we got to our fancy gym it was closed. You know, special holiday hours for employees and all. Forget about the members who pay ridiculously high dues and have extra time for a workout on the holiday. So anyway I had to wait until dark, which is right in the middle of The Bachelorette which, as anyone who knows me knows, is church to me. I really had to sacrifice and remain focused on the goal at hand to get off the couch AGAIN, but I did for a quick two miles, which worked out well because then I could fast forward through all the commercials.

And now another memorable quote, this time from Workaholics, "Let's bust this butthole surfer." Joy comes in so many different forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!