Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Morning Run

Wake up
You son of a bitch
I wanna know who you're with and
Why do you roll in and out
At like six in the morning?
-Tim Armstrong

I finally did it.  I woke up to run.  Well, I set my alarm for 5:30, woke up at 5:15, decided I was way too tired to run, reset my alarm for 6;30, starting thinking about a bunch of stuff I need to do, started to stress about what I need to do, realized I was awake, and then got up at about 5:40.  Perfect - I'll just do that everyday.

I ran my usual run and was surprised momentarily by all the debris I encountered.  Oh yeah, yesterday was a holiday.  Victoria Day - and there were fireworks down by the lake.  I understand that Charles and Camilla are here in Toronto, so it's a big deal for those who like to celebrate the British Royal Family.  And of course, what better way to celebrate than to eat a bag of Doritos and leave your garbage on the beach (I guess I was expecting an empty bag of crumpets?)  No matter, I'm sure there is a Ministry of Holiday Cleanup that will take care of this directly (that's my best attempt at sounding British).

The run felt good for the first 3 miles and then it was a little bit of a fight for the last one.  But I feel good now and am ready for whatever this day holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!