Friday, May 18, 2012

Ordinary Wizarding Levels

Troy Aikmen wants you back
Willie Nelson wants you back
NASA wants you back
And the Bush twins want you back (la la la la)
And Pantera wants you back (la la la la)
And Blue Bell wants you back
-Bowling For Soup

Back where?  I'm so confused - I feel like there is a hidden message in these last couple of blogs.  Maybe even in the title of this one.  Oh well.

I was concerned about my run today.  First of all - my last run was crap.  Then I woke up this morning with a ridiculously stiff neck.  I went to get a massage (which I think is covered under universal health care but you have to jump through some hoops.)  The massage helped but didn't cure me.  So I set out on my run feeling a little like Frankenstein and concerned that I have somehow regressed as a runner.

The first mile or so was uneventful, but then I came to the freshly mowed dandelion field.  I thought to myself that this would be the place where it would all fall apart.  But then I found motivation in an unlikely place.  I thought of myself as the Tin Man running through the poppy field (see - that stiff neck came in handy).  Of course - the Tin Man version of me in my head had the Cowardly Lion over one shoulder and was high stepping like Billy Sims.  I may need to reread that book - I might not be remembering all the details correctly.

All in all a good run.  4.25 and I felt OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!