Sunday, May 13, 2012

Trust Me

You know I don't believe in God
But I believe in you
From the roads down which we both have trod
To the nights that you pulled me through
-Ron Hawkins

I ran my new usual 4.1 miles today, but not in its regularly scheduled time-slot.  The run was OK, but I didn't encounter any bees, gnat, geese, or other interesting wildlife. 

Generally on Sunday, the family goes to church and I attend the church of running.  But as today is Mother's Day, I attended the more crowded version of church.  A few observations.  1) Pews are really uncomfortable.  2) Two rows in front of me was a guy in a Team Canada Jarome Iginla jersey. 3) In Canada, the book of Luke is not spelled Luc, no matter how much you are hoping for that.  4) Much like running, the voice in my head has a lot to say, but the music isn't as good.

When I was growing up, I went to church and they had an activity to teach about trust.  One person was blindfolded and had a partner to lead them around.  My partner led me right into a wrought iron upright.  I told my mother what happened and she said "you probably learned a good lession about trust."  Too true.  Happy Mother's Day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!