Friday, May 4, 2012

Run Your Age?

Maybe I could use you to reassure myself
I wouldn't wish this indecision on anybody else
Drink enough of anything to make this world look new again
-Gin Blossoms

I was a little worried during the first half of my run since the voice inside my head was completely silent.  Was it the publicity of previous post?  Fame can do crazy things.  But then at the turnaround point, it came back strong.  I started having an internal conversation about how golfers try to shoot their age and if there was any way to apply this to running.  And if so, when can it be done?  I am certain that I am not going to run a 4 minute mile in my 40's.  Could I run a 6:30 mile when I'm 65?  A 9 minute mile when I'm 90?  I'm not even sure what I can run right now. 

Anyway, I ran a solid 4 today.  I'm not sure that I really wanted to run today, but I did want to release another song from the playlist, so I made sure to get out and do it.  The above-quoted song is Lost Horizons by the Gin Blossoms.  It's about time we add an Arizona band to the playlist.  Sometimes I do a little research before I make a song official and it turns out that is a terrible idea.  I guess you can't write the above lyric without living it and this song does have a sad back story.  I'll leave that alone as I much prefer to attach my own meaning to songs and this song has been with me on every running playlist.  I'm pretty sure it will be on every running playlist in the future.  Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtsZFukAUc8&feature=related

1 comment:

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!