Sunday, May 27, 2012

Running Away From My Car

I looked at my car and I said "oh brother"
I'll throw it in the gutter and go buy another
-NWA

I haven't run since Tuesday, but I have walked a lot.  That's what happens when your car sucks.  All I want to do right now is dump this stupid kilometer-driving POS.  How will I go to work?  I don't care.  Maybe I won't go - there, I've solved two problems.  My real problem was that I knew I wouldn't have this car for long and so I cheaped out a little bit.  And so - the wisdom of the day (as if NWA doesn't provide enough wisdom):

“When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought is incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do.”
John Ruskin
 
I ran back into the Leslie Spit today.  I think it was about 8 - with a halftime.  I spent about 10 minutes at the lake reflecting (and waiting for the bird watcher to go away so I could pee in the lake without ending up on YouTube). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!