Friday, May 11, 2012

you elevate my soul

I've got no self control
You make me feel like I can fly
so high
elevation
 - U2

That's a rousing motivating song from my run this morning.  I woke up and thought I'd take the day off because, you know, its been a hectic week being off and all.  But since I had nothing else on my schedule and I didn't really want to go to the gym, I went out for a run after I dropped J at the bus.  I was feeling lazy, maybe my rest days are really mental rest days because I didn't really run much yesterday (ok 2 miles, not bad) but today I felt like I wanted a break from it all.  I guess Friday is still Friday even when you don't have a real job.

Anyhoo, I laced up my shoes and went out.  I ran a mile and then walked a mile, but it was quite an inspiring run because I came home and wrote for a couple hours, which was good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!