Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Goodbye Gym

It's such a pity to say
Goodbye to you
Goodbye to you
-Scandal

My 3 month Groupon gym membership ended this weekend.  It's a shame because there was so much at the gym I'd become accustomed to.  So now I must say goodbye.  Goodbye to Ms. One Shirt Treadmill.  Either she did laundry everyday or never, but she was always on the treadmill and always wearing a shirt that said "Eat Sleep Run" (I guess the no mention of laundry answers that question).  Goodbye Sweaty Buddha.  One parting tip:  sweaty man + no shirt + leather couch in locker room = nasty.  And finally, goodbye Least Motivated Employee.  I guess I don't really have to say goodbye since you could never be bothered to check my membership paper and so as long as I have a folded up piece of pink paper I could have access to the gym. 

Now my plan is to run outside.  I couldn't get up yesterday or today to run in the morning, so I had to run tonight.  I went to a trade show today and I was exhausted from both being nice to people and being really damn productive, so I wasn't sure if the run would happen.  So I ate dinner, watched the first period of the Rangers & Capitals, and then ran 4.75 miles.  I felt tired to start but got energized as I went.  Good run.  And I got back in time to see the Caps win.

1 comment:

  1. Ms. One Shirt Treadmill sounds suspiciously similar to a patron of my former gym. I say "former" because I also bid adieu to the gym several months ago. Best thing that ever happened to me! Good luck with going gym-free--I hope it "works out" (pun intended).

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!