Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy bday to K

Today my beautiful K turned 16 years old.  I am amazed at how she just keeps getting older and yet I stay the same.  The day started with our usual fashion show made even more important by the selection of the very important birthday outfit.  After dropping her off, looking marvelous, I took to the street for my run.  It was 85 degrees out at 7:20 am when I started out.  Goodbye spring, I guess.  By the time I finished, it was 89 degrees.  It was hot and sweaty although a decent breeze was blowing off the mountain much of the time.  Fat dog and I were startled out of our reverie by a car honking and waving at us - turns out it was bf on his way to work from the gym.  It's fun being neighbors.  Also I'm glad we were running when he saw us, as that's always tenuous.  I avoided the pit stop in the park by walking the last mile of my 3.5 mile route, partly because I had to go and partly because it was, in fact, damn hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!