Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Born Again Blogger

If I get old I’m living easy
Find a nice old country home 
Let the land do what she wants to
Leave her wild and overgrown
And when I’m sure my days are numbered
Find a nice place in the field
And thank that little voice inside my head
For such good company
-Elliott Brood

Why wait until then?  Consider this a formal thank you note to the voice inside my head.  As displayed here, it does have a lot to say and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't run if I didn't enjoy its company.  It was, however, relatively quiet as I ran on the treadmill this morning.  I walked 3/4 mile to get started as I found it slow going (late business development meeting last night - at a sports bar) and then I ran a pretty good 4.

Headline News informed me that the second most important celebration today is of International Workers Day - which means that the Occupiers will be Reoccupying and that people all over the world will be protesting the concept of work.  Or something like that.  I will not join these protests, but if they manage to get me a couple more weeks vacation, I will gladly partake. 

More importantly, my online persona is reborn today as Bad Haircut.  I do this to acknowledge Tom Perrottta, the greatest living American writer (which is another way to say best writer ever) and also to pay tribute to the great Canadian tradition of mullets. 

4 comments:

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!