Friday, April 20, 2012

Speed To Burn

If you don't like my fire
then don't come around
cause I'm gonna burn one down
-Ben Harper

I ran today with speed in mind.  I set out to complete 4 miles with a section of my playlist to time me.  I wanted to finish the run before the end of Heroes Get Remembered.  So I start at a pretty good pace and when I get to the turnaround point I'm thinking "that was pretty fast".  I cross the street and turn around to head back and immediately I start crying.  Not exactly crying, but I was hit with such a stiff wind that it felt like it blew tears out of my eyes.  My next thought is that my first half time of "pretty fast" would have to marked with an asterisk as wind-aided.

But I fought through the wind and made it to the home stretch in good shape.  I realized I had about 1 song's left of distance and up starts Hero of the Day.  I hit the finish line at the end of that song meaning that I was one full song faster than intended. 

And now to answer the questions that have to be on your mind.  Yes - my playlist is alphabetical.  Not because I'm anal.  It's just an easy way to randomize the artists.  Or maybe both reasons.  And for your second question - no.  Holding Out For A Hero from the Footloose soundtrack is not the next song.  Or anything else Hero related.  And finally, no - this doesn't count as releasing another song from the official playlist.  Hero of the Day is still unofficial.

And I'm done - I'm not going to discuss 4/20 and different attitudes across the border.  I'm not going to suggest that the maple leaf isn't the appropriate leaf to have on the flag here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!