Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I miss the catch when you throw me the ball

I'm the last kid standin up against the wall
- ??? Rude boy

I need to look this one up, its a song from a playlist bf made me and it doesn't have the artist.  Its a very funny rendition of "Not my name" by the ting tings, and at first I wasn't sure who did it first but these guys give a shout out to the ting tings at the beginning.  I'm also not sure if bf put this on my playlist first or if I put the ting tings version on his.  So funny.  Anyway, this one goes "are you calling me rude boy" instead of "are you calling me darlin?".

So a lesson in gym etiquette and/or a gap in values learned today.  A couple months ago bf and I were treadmill running and I hopped off and told him I would see him downstairs, I was gonna go get something to eat.  It never would have occurred to me to ask if he wanted to come since he was in the middle of his workout, and in my mind that's sacred.  Its hard enough to get to where you're working out, right?  Enough obstacles without someone interrupting your mojo.  But as it turns out, bf thought I was rude for not inviting him. So I was rude girl.  Lesson learned. 

Today, bf decided he wanted to hear all about my day while I was in the middle of my treadmill run.  So he's standing next to me asking questions and instead of asking if we could discuss this after I'm done, I banged on the stop button, crossed my arms and looked at him.  Rude girl again, dammit.  But I just didn't want to lose my mojo, you know?  I think bf has a much easier time with this given how he springs up the mountain all antelope-like. 

But I digress.  What's awesome is that we can partner and share in this whole effort of staying healthy and going to fabulous (sometimes) cities to do awesome (painful) races.  Nothing rude about that. 

So about my run . . . I did 2 miles at incline running straight, but interrupted by a bathroom break.  It was a decent workout.  Yesterday I did a decent 3 miles on the treadmill, so I'm getting back into summer hamster wheel mode. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!