Friday, April 6, 2012

I get knocked down

but I get up again!"
 - Chumba Wumba, circa 1994

I feel like so far this year is conspiring against me sometimes!  I had written several mental posts about my trip to Telluride, wherin I boarded on Fri 3/30 and hiked on Sat 3/31.  One was called "I knew that I'd be alright in Telluride" which is a Tim McGraw song (some of you may argue that country has no place on this blog but to those of you I say you're wrong bitchez!).  I snowboarded for only a couple hours because the weather was pretty darn warm and the snow was slushy, it was damn near like water skiing sometimes.  So the next day I went on this awesome hike, I think about 5 miles (which probably means it was 3.5 but whatever you garmin worshipers, I much prefer my glorified distances).  It was like death trying to hike at 8000 feet but I made it through some great rock formations and onto an old mining road that was blocked in some places by old avalanches that I was able to climb over. 

Anyway, whilst I was having my great adventures, my daughter was attempting to treat (or not treat) a 3rd degree burn that she got from a motor bike accident on Friday, so by the time I got home it was infected.  I spent Mon and Tues nights in the hospital with her, and got home Wed evening.  So, today was the first day I exercised since last Saturday unfortunately.  I climbed the mountain with my sis, and we ran down, and while I seemed to struggle with it today, it was awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!