Thursday, April 19, 2012

King of Running

I'm the king of rock, there is none higher
-Run DMC

I ran 4 miles on the treadmill today.  My membership to this gym lasts another couple of weeks and I'm hoping they hang on until then.  There's probably 20 treadmills in the place, but there are only about 5 where both the treadmill part and the TV part work.  Maybe it's because of people like me who have probably used more electricity and soap than I paid in membership.  Anyway - I found a functioning treadmill and TV and ran.

While I ran I wasn't really interested in any of the stories on TV - I kept thinking about a story from earlier in the week.  There was a headline that said "Struggling Spaniards upset that King of Spain wasted money on elephant hunt".  Really?  There's a King of Spain?  You're allowed to talk openly of hunting elephants?  I had no idea.  When I tried to picture him (since I don't know what he looks like I'm imagining the Burger King) hunting elephants - for some reason I see him doing it Palin-style from a helicopter.  Probably not how it actually went down, but a good distraction while running.

Speaking of royalty, the Queen of England appears on Canadian currency. Her and some guys playing hockey.  Not together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!