Sunday, April 29, 2012

The flip side of sanity is the game

I'm fourteen million miles away from sane
A dark man in the restroom window pane
His words just pour out human pain
- Blue October

This is a particularly haunting song about drug addiction by one of my favorite bands.  My daughter has discovered them recently so I've been inspired to listen to their old stuff.  Really genius stuff imho.

Fat dog and I did 3 on the road today.  I was heading out to the gym, but there was a deceptively gently breeze blowing in the bright sunshine of a gorgeous April day.  So I decided I'd test the waters outside even though it was already 10:30am.  It was a lovely run but I couldn't really find my mojo a lot of the time because fat dog had to hit the rest stop THREE times, and then I was just damn tired on the way home and it was hot.  I intended 3.5 but oh well.  Fat dog was still on the floor gasping and panting 30 minutes after we got home.  Guess I need to get better at taking her out more. 

1 comment:

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!