Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pats Run and the Jersey Lily

I started yesterday at the godawful hour of 520 am to get to Pats Run, which starts at 7am and is always incredibly crowded.  Its a run/walk in honor of Pat Tillman, the ASU and Cardinals football player who turned down a multi-million dollar contract to join the army after 9/11 and was killed.  Its 4.2 miles (his number was 42 at ASU).  It was really warm this year by the time we got off at 745.  Bf ran with me which was very nice.  We did the first mile at 11 min pace and it felt ok although I almost immediately started playing that game in my head of "when can I stop?". The 2nd mile is half uphill, a long gnarly hill, but I stuck in there and ran all of it, so 12 min mile.  By 3, I was losing it in the heat probably 85 degrees) and my lips were parched, my mouth full of cotton.  I walked a lot this mile.  Mile 4 was better but I was really struggling, and bf said its ok it's really hot, and I grasped onto that excuse like a straw.  I finished in 50:07, just shy of 12 min miles, which isn't as cool as my 48:54 finish last year.  Sigh.  And I was fatigued the whole rest of the day!  Then last night bf and I drove up to Prescott for my b'day and had drinks in a historic pub on whiskey row called the Jersey Lily, which was a perfect way to cap off the day. 

1 comment:

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!