Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ozzie and Burkie

Getting stuck in a rut
Out of luck with no life
You will be sorry
-Pushmonkey

Today was a day filled with apologies.  Ozzie Guillen apologized to the state of Florida for saying that he liked Castro.  (Full disclosure - I do not support Fidel, but I do frequent a bar named Castro's - I hope this doesn't cause me any trouble the next time at the border). 

The Maple Leafs apologized to their fans for missing the playoffs AGAIN.  They followed up their full page apology ad in the newspaper with a press conference with their GM - Brian Burke.  When asked if it would have been wiser for his team to be more like Pittsburgh, he responded with  "What’s the Pittsburgh model? They got a lottery. They won a goddamn lottery and they got the best player in the game (Sidney Crosby). Is that available to me? Should we do that? Should we ask the league to have a lottery this year, and maybe we pick first? Pittsburgh model, my ass"  It's not really an apology until you say "my ass".  Well done.

How does this relate to my running?  Hell - I don't know.  I ran 4 miles on the treadmill this morning, but only did 3 of my scheduled 5 intervals.  Maybe I should apologize for that.  Intervals - my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!