Monday, April 9, 2012

Forget perfect

I'm just tryin not to be worthless
- Fort Minor

Awesome song that came up today when I just hit shuffle on the ol' iPod.  Sometimes the best playlists happen that way, although I did have to skip through some raunchy rap that I'm not sure how it got in there. 

Today I took the back way up the mountain and jogged off and on for about 1.5 miles, then diverted to a new trail I haven't tried yet and it was awesome.  It was called Bell Pass and had a giant rock formation in the shape of a bell (oddly, right?) in this gorgeous orange rock, and lots of cool desert vegetation like long spindly cactus type plants with bright orange flowers, and the trail ran along a gorge that might have water in it sometimes when it rains (I'm being optimistic here, no?). This trail has about 800 feet more altitude gain than our other trail too, so I think I will hit it again.  I'm thinking I did about 5 miles today but mostly walked after the first 2 miles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!