Friday, April 27, 2012

Parent's Day and The Burger's Priest

I want to take a streetcar downtown
Read Henry Miller and wander around
And drink some Guinness from a tin
-Lowest of the Low

I missed my Tuesday workout (kids) and missed my Thursday workout (tired/early meeting with someone one of my employees pissed off) and so today was pretty damn important to run.  And I did.  But more importantly we celebrated the completely made up Parent's Day (as proposed in a previous post.)  Took the kids to school and then did what we wanted for the day.  Really pretty good.

We ate lunch today at the Burger's Priest, which is a roughly 12 square foot restaurant that serves - wait for it - burgers.  They have like 4 things on the menu - unless you know about the secret menu, which has about 4 more things.  Anyway - it is basically a counter and a line and all I'm thinking about while waiting in line is the Soup Nazi.  It really has the feel that if you do something wrong you will be told "no burger for you - one year!".  Luckily, we did not upset anyone and got our burgers (if you say "smoke" you get fried jalapenos) and they were really damn good.

Then we went to the bank (less awesome), a local grocery for fruit, the specialty cheese store (amazing), the bread bakery, and then home for a nap.  Dinner tonight was wine and fancy grilled cheese.  Whether it is classy or not is in question, but it made me really happy.

Oh yeah and there was a run.  I guess I've used up my space for the day - I hope someone else comes along and tells you about the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!