Sunday, April 8, 2012

Heaven doesn't seem far away anymore

I have to look up the song that line is from, its a great one from my daughter's playlists.  I felt really groggy after my afternoon nap today and so was very iffy on the whole running thing, but as is sometimes the case in these situations, it was a great one.  I took off around 6pm and had a few minutes head start on bf, which was surprisingly motivating because I wanted to get as far as I could before he caught me.  A couple ladies stopped me at one point on the trail to warn me that a desert tortoise was in the trail about 10 minutes ahead and I was giddy with excitement because in the 20 plus years I've lived in this area I have never seen one in the wild.  It was not to be my lucky day though because I kept my eyes peeled all the way up the mountain and never saw the little bugger.  I felt so good coming down the back side of the mountain, I knew I could fly.  I stopped for a moment in awe so bf and I could admire the gorgeous amber Arizona sunset, and then we were off again.  We finished just at twilight and came home to an awesome Easter leftover buffet, and well earned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!