Saturday, August 14, 2010

Well......

Did 2.2 this morning. I was all prepared to do my 7.8 but just could NOT bring myself to continue. I think part of the problem here is my route. Ever since I hit six miles I have been trying to figure out different routes that are longer loops so I won't have to do as many, but ever since then I have really just had miserable long runs, so I am hereby saying "fuck it!" to the new routes! I am doing my .57 loop and if that means I have to do it 20 times then so be it! Whatever physical or psychological reasons cause me to enjoy that loop I just need to accept and move on already. Personally, I believe the issue is the big fucking hills that are all over my other routes and I just can't seem to find a longer one that doesn't have hills that kill my motivation and break my spirit. But with that small .57 loop, even though half of it is uphill, for some reason, it is doable for me. At least, it was up to six miles. We'll see if I can manage seven to eight on that loop tomorrow. I'll try it again tomorrow!!

I don't know, the other issue is that I am just at a point in this training when I am just fucking weary..... I feel like it has taken over my life and I'm always thinking about it and planning for it and I'm just kind of sick of it! I'm presuming I will get over that and I just need to keep going and assume that at some point it will be enjoyable again.


1 comment:

  1. ya, you just keep pushing through those hard times and it comes back. Especially after the half, when you go back to exercising just cause you want to!

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!