Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Oh. Yeah. If you have not downloaded that song by Fort Minor, you must do so right now, right now, right now. I listened to it like five times during my run today. Which was 7.4 miles. Which I did in 95:12. Which is 12 minute 50 second miles. I had Missy double check the math. I am convinced it is correct. Take home lesson: don't fuck with the loop!

And I must say, the run totally rocked the fucking house. I did all my intervals, as planned, and felt really good almost the entire time. I got a little bit weepy at the end, but that happens to me sometimes, it's just one of those things, although I try hard to control it because crying makes it harder to breathe. The best part about the run is that I could have done more. Which bodes well for next week, when my plan is to do 7.8.

My original training plan had me doing seven miles this week, so I feel really good about being a little bit ahead of where I need to be.

I did those CLIF shot block thingies for the first time, and I supposed you could say I will be including them in all my future runs. I will credit the shot blocks and that song for my success today.

The thing I was thinking about during and after this run was how a while back in my life, having a run like yesterday's run, the awful 2.2 would have had me hanging up my shoes for god knows how long. I would have considered myself a failure, told myself I hated running, hated exercise and the whole thing sucks and just been done with it. But things are different now. Why, I have no idea, I can't pinpoint one reason. But something has definitely changed. Now, after my awful 2.2 I simply told myself it was a bad run, I wasn't feeling my best and told myself to simply get up tomorrow and try it again. And, even more amazingly, that is exactly what I did.

This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

1 comment:

  1. you just continue to impress the hell outta me! I'm gonna go get that song

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!