Thursday, August 5, 2010

New Shoes

I saw the doctor today who sent me over to a running store, saying he thinks I have an "overuse injury" whatever the fuck all that means, other than he doesn't know what else to do. So, off I went. I was very scared to go there and I cried on the way. But I did it, and now I have some new Saucony shoes (I don't know if I am spelling that right). I ran four miles on the treadmill today in them and everything seemed fine, although my knee still hurt. The real key will be if the other muscles in that leg are strained tomorrow, because that is what has been happening, either my calf or my hamstring on the left leg is seriously sore even though nothing else is, after running. So, if the shoes are going to make a difference, it seems like I would be able to tell if I don't get those sore muscles, if the sore just stays at the knee.

After this half marathon I am seriously considering taking up swimming. Doing that for a while should fix the knee and give me some awesome variety as well as build up some upper body strength, which I could probably use.

Tomorrow is an off day and I am going to try to do 7.2 on Saturday.

Update: No sore muscles this morning!! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! You cried on the way?? Its really scary stepping out of your comfort zone huh?

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!