Thursday, August 26, 2010

The fact of the matter is

That I have had a very bad week, running wise. Have not gone since my last long on Saturday. Had every good intention of going today at work, but didn't. So, now I am trying to figure out what to do. I don't particularly care to push myself to do the fifteen loops, which is what I am supposed to do this week, since I haven't done my short runs.

I am thinking that perhaps I will do a short run tomorrow, do a walk on Saturday and then do another 14 loops on Sunday? Or maybe even just 12 loops and then try to get back up to the fifteen next week? That sounds good. I mean, I don't think I need to panic or anything, I just had an off week.

3 comments:

  1. Just consider it a resting week. Lots of marathoners do that at this point in the training. You might be surprised at what happens if you try a long.... just do as much as you feel like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, I'll just do it on Sunday and decide how much I want to do that morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our bodies need periods of rest, and your body/mind is just letting you know you needed one. Definitely nothing to stress about. I have had several over the last training months!

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!