Sunday, August 29, 2010

15 Loops

8.55 miles, total time 113:32, which is 13:16 miles. And I feel like I really earned every second of that time! I knew I was going much slower than I had been, and it was really a tough run, I have to say. I'm just glad I got through it. I did run all my intervals, I kept giving myself permission to walk through one or two if that is what I needed to do, but I never did. But I know that through some of them I wasn't running any faster than I was walking. I couldn't find those shot blocks at any of the stupid stores I was at yesterday, I guess you have to go to a running store for them. So, I bought these disgusting gel things, and I did two of those through my run plus a quart of G2. I didn't like the gels nearly as much as I liked the blocks, so I'll just have to go to the running store and stock up, I guess.

So, I guess the lesson is that when you skip your short runs, you can still do your long, but it will be much harder and you will likely be much slower. Is that you guy's experience?

It seems like I had tons more to say, but I guess I can't remember any of it. I'm going to go lie down now. For the rest of the day, I think.

1 comment:

  1. Yes that is my experience. You can still do the long but its a helluva lot harder!!

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!