Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 2

I made it through the entire day yesterday, without eating a bunch of crappy food! I got home from work and ate left over pork chops and mac & cheese. I'm hungry for dinner when I get home, so I decided, I'm just going to eat a dinner size meal at that point in the day. It makes sense since I start my days so early. Why should I try to hold off until "dinner time?" No reason. Then, about 7:30, when I wanted a bowl (or three) of frosted flakes, even though I wasn't particularly hungry, I checked in with myself and realized I was feeling anxious. I took a xanax. About 30 minutes later, I was actually hungry but was calm about it, so I ate a roma tomato, a can of green beans, and a banana. I felt perfectly satisfied and went to sleep an hour or so later. Why I woke up at the ungodly hour of 3:30 I don't know, but I'll take it since I have a lot of work to do and I am going to do 2 miles in a couple of minutes here. It has dried out a bit so it's actually pretty decent outside!
Sandy how many laps is a mile? How long does it take?
Marianne are you still having trouble with your moods on your days off from exercise?

3 comments:

  1. I came to the realization after doing some light bike workouts and some walking that I don't necessarily need intensity to have the mood-boosting effects of exercise. The guy who did my fill pointed this out to me and when I tried it out all this week I have realized he is right. Even if I just walk two miles, that is perfectly enough to make sure I'm not completely pissy and miserable all day. So, I'm not so much having trouble with my mood on days that I don't exercise, so much as I am not having many days that I don't exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its 33 laps in an olympic size pool, one lap being up and back. It takes me about 50 min but its really and all over body workout, and low impact which I like. Really drives the hunger though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you keep track of how many laps you have done?

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!