Sunday, August 8, 2010

7 miles!!

I intended to do a long run yesterday, and was waiting out the heat so I could go outside. I ended up reading on the couch for 8 hours and eating cookies. So only got in 3 last week. Last week quickly went to hell, as I had our HR conference with people in from all over the US and that was exhausting and dinners, etc, but then on Thurs Jake cut his hand with the pocket knife I finally relented and let him buy in Colorado just 3 weeks ago. He was using it to remove the tags from his school clothes rather than the less popular but arguably more obvious choice of scissors. Ended up in the ER with 5 stiches. Sigh. I probably wouldn't have gone that night anyway.

Anyway, today I was trudging to the gym and feeling bad about yesterday and thinking how much I needed to do AT LEAST what Marianne did. I can't have her kicking my ass. Just can't have it. So, I did 5 on the treadmill in 61:10, which was great as my goal is to do the half in 12 min miles, but I was just wiped after that. So I thought I'd walk two more on the indoor track, and I have to say I wish I had tried that before. It takes 15 laps to do a mile, so its not something I'd want to do for long distances, but because its so small I ran alternating laps, so I ran half of the last two miles and while I couldn't time them, I think it was about 13 min miles.

My feet really hurt after, but the hot tub and subsequent pedicure were quite helpful. My left ankle feels rather stiff and I have an ongoing blister on my right arch. But, I just keep nu-skin on it and its good. Mari you might try that if these shoes are working for your knee, its probably worth a blister.

2 comments:

  1. Well, that sounds like you did great! Of course, I did 7.2 miles and none of it was on the treadmill, which we have all learned is a gazillion times easier.... but I don't think it can be said that I am "kicking your ass".... I might be tapping it a little.

    Did you take away the pocket knife?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't say you were "kicking my ass". Just that you would have been if I hadn't kept up with you!! And, resistance on the treadmill compensates ok?? Its on like donkey kong in October.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!