Saturday, August 21, 2010

Okay Peeps

Here's the deal. I drove at least some of the course, the downtown part. It was a big pain in the ass, and I probably won't do it again. But I must tell you, what I saw was completely FLAT. I truly and honestly don't believe there is anything serious in the way of hills to be concerned about on the course.

Also, I drove my loop. My car only records tenths of miles, not hundredths, but from what I can tell, the gmaps pedometer is correct. It might be a little bit over, if the car is to be believed, like maybe it is .55 rather than .57 according to the car, but the way I figure it if you are getting down to those details, the gmaps is just as likely to be correct as the car, they are both just computers.

And it doesn't matter that much in any case, the bottom line is, I am on pace to finish this stupid thing way faster than I had anticipated. So assuming I don't crash and burn right about now, I should be fine. My plan is to increase my loops by one each week until the race, which should get me up to 21 in the best case scenario. But I might hold it to 20 and just do that twice, we'll have to see.

Also, I really really want this

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Forerunner-405-Wireless-GPS-Enabled/dp/B0011UNMIK

1 comment:

  1. that garmin thing seems pretty high tech. And, I read more about the course too and its pretty flat. Really, you don't feel 200 feet over 13 miles.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!