Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cooler than I thought

Today at lunch I did 3 miles in 30 minutes, or 10 minute miles. I can't recall when or if ever I've run that fast. And the weird thing is, I was driving over there saying to myself that I'm really tired and I just biked last night and while my goal was 3 miles I will quit after two or even one if I feel too fatigued.

So also, I had decided to do the run on the track, because treadmill training just isn't going to cut it this late in the game, and I've discovered that its really not too bad running 45 times around it. The loops are so small that they just seem very easy, so its fairly easy to keep going.

Anyway, I just started out at a normal pace and thought I may do run/walk in mile 2 or 3. And at the end of my first mile I glanced at the clock and realized that I was near a 10 min/mile pace. And feeling decent. So I kept running at the same pace, and the longer I went the more convinced I became that I could do it in 30 min. And I did!

Also, I had a protein shake for breakfast this morning, which I never do, so I'm wondering if maybe that contributed to the energy I had? Plus it wasn't on the godawful treadmill, which is so awesome. I don't know that I will ever run on the treadmill again now that I have discovered the awesomeness of the indoor track. It stays pretty cool in that area, not gasping sweaty hot like the treadmill area gets. And, the training is much more applicable.

It just goes back to consistency and how important that is. You have to do your mid-week runs regardless of the fact that you just did 8 miles on Sat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!