Sunday, August 29, 2010

oh I forgot

I wanted to tell you guys about the wildlife! I found that the loop around Pete's neighborhood is almost 1.5 miles, so I run that loop. This morning when I got out there it was still dark and I had forgot my light that I clip on the bill of my cap. So I was just starting out and thought I saw a dog in the driveway of a house ahead of me but it was weird because it was standing completely still. As I got closer it ran away and I saw that it was a javelina! Then I saw another one run away. Then I started noticing all the overturned garbage bins and trash strewn all over the street, and javelinas running away from me every couple of houses. There were probably 7 to 10 of them in all, I lost count. But every time I went past all those overturned garbage cans I had to laugh! They weren't scary... maybe they would have been, had it been light out and I could really see them.
Sandy that question made me pretty cranky but I'm going to answer it. I walked maybe 2 or 3 of the minutes that should have been running. Otherwise I kept to the 1:1 ratio the whole time.

3 comments:

  1. You know, there were always javelina hanging around our neighborhood back there.... we would see their tracks in our yard, and Halloween was like their Thanksgiving feast, they would go around the neighborhood flinging all the pumpkins everywhere and eating them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I really don't think Sandy was coming from any kind if judgmental place, I think she was just wanting to know how you are doing, since you have been struggling so much of late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think so too, which is why I answered the question. Also that is something we talk about with each other, so I don't think it was out of line to ask the question... I was just irritated.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!