Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I can't go

I was rushing to get my classroom ready today, carrying a desk and lost my grip on it, and dropped the full weight of it on my big toe. It's swollen and purple and bloody, and I will lose my toenail but nothing is fractured or broken. I had to go to this workplace injury thing and they took an x-ray and such, and the doctor said I should be able to run in a week or so. I'm just glad it didn't land on the top of my foot because it would have broken something for sure! It hurts like a sonofabitch. So, unintended week off right when I was getting back on track. On the bright side, I get to wear flip-flops to work, and it's only a week. :)

PS I cannot believe how fast you two are. I can't wait to lose this weight so I can race to catch up with you!!

2 comments:

  1. that blows. I'd at least walk, that way you don't lose complete momentum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't walk. I bled through my bandages twice today at work because I wasn't staying off it. I am home now and it hurts all the way up to my knee. Cheeses. The more I push it the longer it will take to heal, I think.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!