Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Swimming with Turtles

You've gotta swim
Swim for your life
Swim for the music that save you
When you're not so sure you'll survive
- Jacks Mannequin, Swim

It may have been a mistake, but I hiked the mountain this morning.  It rained last night, and while my car told me it was only 80 degrees, the air was so thick it was like swimming against the current trying to get up that mountain.  I ran a little but it was clear pretty quickly that that wasn't happening. I passed a lady coming down the mountain with a little white dog in a carrier like this: 


What a way to walk the dog, eh?  Now I've seen it all.  I hiked to the top of the mountain and I was such a sweaty mess, I found about 8 gnats drowned in the sweat on my arms.  4 miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!