Saturday, August 11, 2012

Haboob!

Batten down the hatches
Here comes the cold
I can feel it creepin
It's makin me old
You give me so much love that it blows my brains out
- Pain Killer, by Turin Brakes

Well it wasn't at all cold, but we did have a might dust storm tonight. I don't know if Haboob is the technically correct terminology, but I sure like saying it. I went to NYPD pizza to stalk my daughter at her first real job and came home crazy full. So since the sun was down I decided I'd go for a short run. It was probably still 105 out but there was a small blessed breeze blowing. Fat dog had a tough time of it. She doesn't get much exercise when I'm a gym rat. So we jogged about 1.5 and walked 1 back and got home with a fine coat of dust sticking to my sweat. Total of 2.5 tonight, which is a bonus because weekends are my days off from not working and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!